The most unique lodging experience in McCall! Stay in our brand new Alpine Cabin right on the shore of the Upper Jug Creek Reservoir. The cabin sleeps 7 and comes equipped with beds, furniture, and a wood stove. Just bring your own sleeping bag and gear (we can haul it for you)! You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks.
At the cabin you will have access to miles of trails, stand up paddle boards, kayaks and discounts on Jug Mountain Ranch bike rentals.
Please note: driving to the cabin is not permitted, but you can hike, bike, ski or snowshoe to get there!
Preview the Cabin Experience Here:
We have provided quite a few amenities to help make your stay comfortable and to limit the amount of gear you need to bring to the cabin.
- Wood stove, fire starter and firewood
- Overhead lighting
- Gas cook stove (Please do not use gas for melting snow. See snow melting below)
- Pots and pans
- Cooking utensils
- Salt, Pepper, Oil
- French Press
- Plates, bowls, cups, silverware (4 place settings)
- paper towels
- Cutting board and knives
- Trash bags (trash disposal is at clubhouse parking, please pack trash out with you)
- Dish tubs, Clorox, Soap, scrubbers and dish towels
- Table, chairs and couch
- Beds: 2 twin and 2 double
- Goal Zero Yeti 400 solar power box for phone charging, music etc…
- Cooler with ice
- toilet paper
What You Need to Bring
There are of course things you will need to bring to make your stay more like home.
- Bring a cell phone and charger, there is service at the cabin and they are very helpful in an emergency and to brag to friends (Hey, guess where I am!).
- Backpacks for gear unless you arrange for gear to be delivered and picked up.
- Sleeping bags (20 degrees or colder rating HIGHLY recommended)
- Sports appropriate clothing:
- This may include: Hats, gloves or mittens, long underwear (no cotton), wool or synthetic socks (no cotton), insulated over pants and jacket/coat (no cotton, No jeans), wicking shirts, fleece or sweater (no cotton). It is very important that you wear layers of clothing. Wicking layers against skin (no cotton), thin to thick insulation layer, water resistant breathable outer layer. This way you can take off and put on as needed. It is better to start warm than to try and get warm, and you can’t put it on if you left it at the trailhead. Bring extra clothing even if you don’t think you’ll need it, weather can change rapidly in the mountains.
- Bug spray
- Day packs for trips from yurt
- Trail map
- First aid kit
- All your food and drinks
- Slippers OR Cabin shoes
- Flashlight or headlamp
Check in time is after 3pm at the Jug Mountain Ranch Clubhouse. Arrangements need to be made in advance if you need gear to be shuttled for you and there is a fee of $15. The cabin is located at the Jug Reservoir. There are several ways of getting to the cabin depending on your adventure of choice. We will show you on the map where the cabin is and how to get there when you arrive.
Access is through a code on the door that will be given to you at check in. If you have paid for gear delivery, please let us know and we will bring the gear sled to your vehicle for loading.
During the Winter
Skis or snowshoes REQUIRED, you may not “hike” in boots to cabin in winter. (Rentals available Nordic Center)
Contact Heather Thiry
Check-In = 3:00pm
Check-Out = 11:30am
Midweek = $80 for up to 4 people
Weekend = $100 for up to 4 people
Add $10 for each additional person up to 6*
*Two single beds, 2 double beds, and 1 couch (max occupancy is 6 people)